Pacengo is a small village halfway between Peschiera and Lazise, characterised by golden
beaches and a small port.
Its origins are remote, as demonstrated by the findings of various objects, the result of settlements in the area during prehistoric and Roman times, hence the name "Pagus" or village or "Pax", which means peace. Some important paleoethnological findings emerged in the port area and are attributed to Count Arrigo Balladoro. But the population increased especially towards the year 1000 and, as documented by a seal, it was a fishing village. An
important event took place in Pacengo during the First War of Independence on 28 April 1848, when the Brigade of Piedmont caused the Austrians to flee.
Subsequently, the town was home to Ferdinando di Savoia, during the siege of Peschiera.
The parish church, dating back to the late seventeenth century and housing beautiful paintings by Piatti and a remarkable polychrome marble altar of the masters Zoppi and Spiazzi, is an interesting place to visit. The Renaissance villas of Count Balladoro, the "Villa Bottona", which was designed by architect Barbieri and the villa Catterinetti-Franco, beautiful summer residences of the noblemen of past times, with large parks, gardens and fantastic halls, are also well worth a visit.