The glacial Lake Garda is 346 m deep and, given its conformation, has different types of seabed, from the rich rock formations to the gentle sandy seabed. The lake therefore offers countless diving spots along the coast.
If on one hand the lake will fascinate you for its natural wonders, an underwater adventure will not be less: you will discover breathtaking views of rocks and canyons, you will explore the seabed with the mysterious historical wrecks and the myriad of perch, pike and burbot fish.
Here are some of the best dive sites for you:
- Galley of Lazise (VR): suitable for rather experienced divers, it is a galley sunk about 500 years ago;
- Athos in Brenzone (VR): a platform is present and suitable for all patents;
- Madonna of the divers in Assenza di Brenzone (VR): it is an iron statue at about 18m depth;
- Secca di Trimelone in Assenza di Brenzone (VR): here you can follow three underwater routes Canyon, Jump and Parete;
- Wreck in Malcesine (VR): iron cabin sunk in 1986 at a depth of 35 meters;
- Isola dell’Olivo in Malcesine (VR): small cave at 13mt depth;
- Crib in Torri del Benaco (VR): crib laid at about 24mt depth;
- Platforms in Torri del Benaco (VR): 4 platforms starting from 10 meters up to a depth of 40 meters;
- The Christ in Riva del Garda (TN): statue positioned about 15 meters deep;
- Octopus in Torbole (TN): it is possible to make different routes, a statue of a Madonna at 12 meters depth and an incredible crack of the seabed at 43 meters;
- Wreck in Salò (BS): large boat about 30 meters deep;
- Wreck of the Dredge in Gargnano (BS): wreck marked by a buoy located at about 40 meters deep;
- Wreck of the Triton in Desenzano (BS): rather recent finding at about 40 meters deep;
- Pinnacle in Campione del Garda (BS): rocky pinnacle at 40 meters deep, diving suitable for expert divers.